With the Material Layer Interface (MLI) you can create Material Layers and passes in 3D Studio Max and it’s easy to handle them. Just create the layers and pick the objects. Assign materials to the objects and feel free to use different renderer or render settings for every single layer.
- Easily create and manage your individual render passes / render layers
- Add with one click an individual set of objects to your MLI layer
- Different materials, lights, render engines, render settings per layer
- An easy and self-explaining user interface, related to the 3ds Max UI
- Interactive tracking of material changes, renaming of materials or objects